Friday, November 16, 2012

Handmade Holidays Blog Hop ~ Day 1



Welcome to the 2nd Annual Handmade Holidays Blog Hop!!!



Calling all crafters! We’ve gathered designers from some of our favorite manufacturers to show you ways to create something from the heart this holiday season. This 3 day Hop (Nov. 16-Nov.18) includes over 60 stops with inspiration brimming from every corner. Explore all of the thoughtful and frugal handmade gifts you could create for the holidays, all in one place, during our second annual Handmade Holidays Blog Hop!

To sweeten the Hop, we’re offering a gift for you! For every comment you leave on the blogs in the Hop, you’ll be entered to win a prize pack from one of the participating manufacturer sponsors! Use the Rafflecopter widget on the Clearsnap blog to gain extra entries each day: http://cleasnap.blogspot.com



Visit the list of blogs below and leave a comment on each by Nov 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST. Each day of the hop we will be sharing a brand new list of blogs with brand new projects for you to explore, be inspired by, and create from!

Donna Salazar Designs – http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/
Eileen Hull for Sizzix http://eileenhull.blogspot.com/
Kristin Wilson – Graphic 45 -  http://www.kristinwilsonhandmade.com/
Jennie Garcia - Tombow -  earthyscrap.blogspot.com
Gini Williams Cagle - Hampton Art - http://ginicagle.blogspot.com/
Sabrina Alery – Clearsnap – http://Sabrinaalery.blogspot.com
Michelle Grant – Donna Salazar Designs -  http://michellejbg.blogspot.com
Emily Lanham – Authentique Paper -http://www.createserendipity.net
Steph Ackerman – Globecraft Memories - www.stephaniescraps.blogspot.com
Emma Jeffery – Fiskateers - http://hellobeautifulblog.blogspot.com
Natalie Clause – The Twinery - 
Alberto L Juarez – Graphic 45 http://vintageodyssey.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Priest – Clearsnap – http://hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com
Heather Conklin – Authentique Paper - http://goldiecar.blogspot.com/


I have created this 7x7  Gift Canvas using the Clearsnap Smooch Spritz Sprays,
Modelling Paste & a Chipboard flourish.
The Smooch Sprtiz Sprays are my favourite inks for using on canvas's the colours are so rich and are just gorgeous!
 1. To create this canvas start by giving your canvas a thin coat of the modelling paste, I Created the texture lines in the paste with a tool I have created like a credit card. Allow this layer to dry a little before doing the flourish.
2. The Modelling paste flourish was created by placing the chipboard piece on your canvas then coat over the chipboard with the modelling paste then scraping the excess off the top . Then lift the chipboard flourish straight up and out of the way then you can use a spatula to blend in around the edges. Leave this to dry overnight.
3. Next use your smooch spritz to spray over your canvas. Over lap colours until you are happy with the effect and spritz with water to help blend and lighten colours.
I have used a mix of Caramel Latte, Candle Glow, Mossy Mist, Green Olive & Citris Tickle
When you spay each colour experiment by letting it run one way then the other over the canvas  and spritzing with water for different effects!
4. Once you are happy with your colours I have added a little gold Rub & Buff over the ridges to highlight the texture.
5. This was then decorated with trinkets and found items along with some graphic 45 tags and Dusty Attic Doily Chipboard. Use 3D foam tape to add more dimension when you are creating depth on your projects.






I hope you have enjoyed this project! :)

Cheers to creating gifts from the heart this holiday season!

Happy Hopping!





Thanks for dropping by!
Have a great day!
Cheers
Michelle xx

99 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love how much depth/dimension you got with the modeling paste and the wavy lines to the right too. Great embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle The canvas is gorgeous, love how you used the chippy to create the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! so many details! You do awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My jaw dropped when I saw this project!! FYI - I pinned it under "Amazing".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This breathtaking project has such dimension. Love all your attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This project is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard. To. Breathe. This is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty canvas project! Would look gorgeous on a shelf or mantel. Thanks for the tips in creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous... I have not used modeling paste yet and your canvas makes me want to try it out. With all these new ideas I am going to be busy before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so stunning!!! Wow....You really have a wonderful talent. This is just wonderful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS ! I"m just starting the mixed media canvas trend. And loving it. Great inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful canvas and great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool project, looks steampunk inspired. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I saw this my jaw dropped! My daughter would love for me to make this for her! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is very aristic... <3 <3 <3 it..

    beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the textures and colors!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the vintage feel of this project

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your mixed media canvas, love the steampunkish feel. I have to try me some modeling paste.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just got some modeling paste but haven't played with it yet. This project inspires me to go play!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are incredibly talented. Thanks for sharing the beautiful canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the texture of this canvas, and all the little do-dads grouped at the bottom. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing canvas! I love the texture and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW~ I have seen mixed media canvases before but yours is amazing! all the texture going on, this would be a great teen girl gift, and so easy to customize color scheme, etc. thanks for such a great idea! you have a new fan here! please check out my blog too, i'm kind of a newbie!!! www.vintagevixencrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omgosh! Your project is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Holy Cow! Very sophisticated! I've never used smooch before, but think I'll try some! Love the HOP!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your canvas is gorgeous!!!!! Love the colours, texture and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a huge fan of chipboard and mixing textures. The raised flourish made my heart beat a like faster...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the colors and the use of the products.

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely texture and layering, wonderful vintage feel. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW, is all I can say. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow is what i said as soon as i looked at your work of wonderful art. Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful. I am just getting into canvas art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous project! Love the color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very pretty and creative canvas! Such a work of art! Love all of the texture and bling. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wowie! I have never used modelling paste but buying some tomorrow. This is so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I adore your canvas! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow!Such a nice artwork from you.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing canvas. The colors and design are so unique and the layers are fabulous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful creation!! I haven't used the modeling paste yet--but this gives me the inspiration to try!! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMG...I'm loving the texture on this project!!!
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    Sue Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is breathtaking! I love all the details and texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am so glad to have found you!! This is gorgeous!! Pinned, your newest follower, and am admiring your beautiful work!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! Thanks for sharing your method in addition to the results.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the textures and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  45. ... this canvas is a MUST have.. wow wow...

    ReplyDelete
  46. WOW! So Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, great project. thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Amazing project, Michelle!! Absolutely awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. That's one stunning canvas. I love the textures and details.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful canvas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderful canvas, and quite different from the other projects in the hop. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. WOW, absolutely stunning and gorgeous!! What a fabulous canvas!! I love the texture and colors!! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wonderful effects. Well done! Thank you for participating in the blog hop. I enjoyed my visit.

    fiskateer Jean#8889 AKA giveawayjean

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love all the texture and dimension you have on your superb canvas. Just beautiful and steampunky!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is freaking awesome-and I even said that out loud when I saw it.You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Amazing! I love the texture and all of the elements joined together!

    ReplyDelete
  57. BEAUTIFUL - love the colours and textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. This looks like you really enjoyed working it. I cold see this hanging in my kitchen, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  59. this is an amazing gift! would love to do one! thanks for the inspiration!

    thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  60. All of the layering... GORGEOUS! Such a beautifully detailed project!

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is a breath-taking piece of art! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. OMG. Something new to try. Love the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I've tried, and I can't pull it off! You do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  64. i absolutely adore this project - rich!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful project! Thanks for the inspiring ideas!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Terrific mixed media piece. This would make a fabulous gift.

    ReplyDelete
  67. OMG - I've seen modelling paste used on projects before - but yours is absolutely the best! Such dimension and color.. I'll be drooling over this for a long time! Thank you for the step by step directions!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow Michelle! This is stunning! I am so glad you provided a tutorial because I would have no idea how you did this - especially that flourish - that just blows my mind! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Thank you for showing how you made this stunning piece. I love SteamPunk, and this is a georgous example. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Really really nice! Great work. Hugs, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  71. That is crazy how you got all of that texture on the canvas. I am in awe of your talent. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Awesome canvas. This is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Gorgeous colors Michelle! Love the spritz and misting effects ~ I have yet to try that but it's on my list! All the little details make this a fabulous work of art! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  74. this canvas is amazing love all the detail and color thanks
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Of the projects I've seen so far in the hop, this is m fave! The color & texture effects you achieved are so gorgeous! This makes me really want to buy some modeling paste & canvas & give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Well, what can I say - green is my favorite + vintage style = the winner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...